Facial Steam Bath
by Rebecca Giorgilli
A year ago
Facial Steam Bath to Purify Skin
Have you ever experienced the dewy radiance after visiting a steam room? Or do you simply enjoy resting your head over a cup of freshly brewed herbal tea?
Then you may just find facial steaming, a most appealing spa experience to renew and refresh your skin, from the comfort of your own cosy nest.
This decadent ritual dates back to ancient Europe. Facials steam beautify the skin, support deep breathing and restore inner calm. Essentially by using hot water vapour, it draws out toxins, dirt and built-up impurities, whilst also enhancing circulation, hydrating and invigorating the skin.
* Thoroughly cleanse your face of all makeup and skincare products.
* Scoop a handful of aromatic botanicals directly into a heatproof bowl, ensuring the bowl is sitting securely on a table. Some suggestions are rose petals, calendula, lavender buds, chamomile, loose green tea, nettle, comfrey, rose-hips, jasmine buds, hibiscus, fresh rosemary or mint leaves to your bowl. Experiment and play with scents that delight your senses...
* Pour boiling water carefully into the bowl over the prepared herbs & flowers.
* Gently stir with a wooden spoon & let the mixture steep for 1-3 minutes. To amp up the healing benefits, you could also add a few drops of the Awakening Serum or 1-2 drops of your favourite essential oil, for the benefits of aromatherapy.
* Tie your hair back, then position your face about 30cm or 12 inches over the bowl.
* Drape over your head a light scarf, silk wrap or cotton towel, ensuring to tent the steam, so it cannot escape & close your eyes. If at any point you feel unable to breathe, stop immediately. Allow your body to guide you in gently.
* Rest and breathe deeply for 5-10 minutes, or in 3-minute increments if this feels more comfortable.
* Imagine all toxins releasing from your skin with every drop of perspiration. Breathe in the beauty and breathe out your troubles.
* Remove the wrap & take your face away from the steam. Breathe deeply. Your face should look flushed, like you’ve just finished a workout.
* Finish with a splash of cool water & pat dry. Complete this ritual by finishing with our Awakening Serum to seal in moisture and nourish the skin.
Facial steaming is also excellent for opening up sinuses and easing headaches, making it the perfect cold & flu remedy. You could add 1-5 drops of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Tea Tree or lavender oil, to loosen up mucus, clear congestion and speed up your recovery.
Be sure to bask in your newly refreshed & radiant glow!
May it become one of your many treasured Rituals...
To your blossoming xxx
*Be very careful, as steam can burn skin quickly. Do not steam if your skin is extremely sensitive, if you have visible capillaries, skin irritations or skin conditions such as rosacea or severe acne that is irritated, broken or raw. Do not overdo it, once a week is recommended, as too much steaming will only irritate the skin. Always seek medical advice before using essential oils if pregnant.